I’ve written a python script that reads a Gaim 2.0 blist.xml file and assigns aliases based on the contact’s name, but only for contacts without a locally user-defined alias. Gaim 1.5 had this feature by itself, built-in (use_server_alias=0 and use_alias_for_title=1), but they removed this feature.
Check out the script’s page for more details at http://www.buanzo.com.ar/lin/use_name_as_alias.html
- Script de aliases para gaim 2.0
- Abusing the Past (A 2600 Article, published Volume 32 Number One)
- mod_auth_openpgp 0.2.0 released
- Freshmeat Subscriptions Grabber/Spider
- Integrate Slashdot to Blogger Templates